Senior pursues a future teaching career

Jacob Martinez, Reporter

Becoming a teacher is not an easy accomplishment; it takes bravery and determination to take care of a classroom of first graders. Senior Melissa Barron is a FTI student and plans on becoming a teacher for a long time.

“Growing up with good teachers, with good teaching skills made me realize that I wanted to become a teacher, and FTI is the perfect program to learn my basics on teaching,” Barron said. “It helps me get experience with a classroom, and shows me what to prepare for in the future.”

Barron has experience with teaching, and had many fun experiences with her second grade class with all the fun projects and adorable children. She enjoys every moment and loves working with her kids.

“I would like to begin teaching second or third grade after I graduate, because students at that grade are more open and honest,” Barron said. “I would be able to teach them things easier and faster.”

Barron loved her FTI experience and always had the best times with her classroom. She plans on attending Richland College, and then transferring to UNT.

“My favorite part about FTI is being able to be in a classroom full of children, as if it was my own classroom and children, being able to give them fun activities like mothers day cards or making my class bulletin board brings a smile to my face,” Barron said. “I just want to change a life of a child.”