Sophomore plans to graduate early

Jacob Martinez, Reporter

Sophomore Julia Bobadilla is planning her future by graduating early to work on her doctorate degree in psychology, which takes 11 years to complete. In order to shorten school years, she is attempting to graduate early. She plans on taking three years of high school, as opposed to doing the other half.

“I’m that person that is there for my friends,” Bobadilla said. “They come to me for advice. Now instead of my friends [ I can be there for other people]

Bobadilla wants to get scholarships and study by herself instead of depending on other people. She said doing everything with no help will allow her to focus harder and to have a better life.

“I have been looking forward to this ever since I was in the sixth grade,” Bobadilla said. “I want to do this by myself, that way I can understand and focus on the real world.”

The courses she plans to take are statistics, forensics, and all math and science classes. She plans on moving out of state after graduating. Until then, she plans on going to Baylor University, followed by Adelphi University in New York City.

“I was always fascinated by the human brain, but I never want to see it in real life,” Bobadilla said. “I plan on going out of state once I get all the education I need, but community college is fine to start off. After that, I plan on going to a university in New York City.”