My choice of style

Jacob Martinez, Reporter

Music is a big part of his style. Sophomore Hector Ramirez can always rely on his music to cheer him when he is feeling down, some songs will relax him, while others pump him up with drum or guitar solos. Ramirez usually dresses up with band accessories to show other people what he listens to, to find a connection, and to start a conversation with new people that like the same music.

Influenced by a band, named “Asking Alexandria,” Ramirez grew out his hair, and although it did not come out as expected, he kept it.

“People have told me that long hair is for girls, and they make fun of me for it,” Ramirez said. “I just ignore it all. I keep my hair long because most guys keep their hair short.”

Ramirez enjoys being around people with styles and taste in music like his own.

“I like being with other people with the similar taste in style as I do, although there are not that many within my area,” Ramirez said. “I’m happy with what I have.”

People who judge Ramirez on his looks are the people who start making jokes and laugh at him. Although he ignores them, Ramirez still does not understand why people judge on appearance.

“It does not matter if I like wearing a lot of black and skeletons on my shirt. I like what I like and I will keep doing what I enjoy doing,” Ramirez said. “People should not judge by shirts, piercings, or ripped jeans but by how the person acts and behaves.”