Senior year is almost over

Brittany Davis, Reporter

I always felt like 2015 would never get here. The idea of graduating from high school seemed like it would never happen, but I guess they’re right when they say the first 18 years go by slowly. I’m not the same person I was freshmen year. For one thing, I dress better. For another, I’m a bit wiser, if an 18 year old is capable of wisdom, that is. Almost nothing I hoped would happen during high school actually happened, but that’s okay. Sometimes great people have mediocre high school careers. This fall I’ll be taking classes at Richland, and I have no idea what I want to major in, but that’s okay too. Sometimes you take a chance and it works out. And sometimes it doesn’t. That’s life. I still don’t know how a mortgage works, and again, that’s okay. I have a great mom that won’t let me fail. (Seriously. I’ll get grounded if I do.)

I’m ready and I’m nervous-excited for my life to start. The best is yet to come, my best years are ahead of me, and all those other clichés. It’s gonna be a great life, and I can’t wait to see what my Heavenly Father has in store for me. And despite that high school was not the Breakfast Club detention scene I imagined, I’m still glad I had this experience. I’ve met some really rad teachers that changed the way I thought (*cough cough*, Smallwood, Aston, and Monroe, *cough* Gibson and Abrams), and I’m glad they came into my life. I’ve also made a lot of great friends that I will probably only speak to on Facebook after graduation. But that’s life.