School Remodeling Underway

Back to Article
Back to Article

School Remodeling Underway

Gabriella Rodriguez-Sanchez, Reporter

Bathrooms, hallways and history are being remodeled as school renovations take place in the upcoming months. Teachers’ walls are bare, hallways have a new gleam, and some bathrooms now have doors with “Not in Service” signs taped to them.

School remodeling at North is bringing many changes to happen for both staff and students. Construction crews are fixing tiles, rewiring and painting as a part of the effort to repair the school. Many students are been feeling the changes happening quickly.

“The 300 hallway has different tiles in it and, compared to the rest of the school, it looks really weird, and I’m not used to it,” sophomore Aaliyah Webb said.

According to Webb, it will take time to get used to the renovations and adapting around the construction because of habit.

“I can’t even count the amount of times I have had to go to another restroom, because the ones I usually go to have debris left inside of them,” Webb said.

Webb believes the school is very outdated, and the remodels would definitely benefit the wellbeing of students and staff by making the campus a safer environment.

“These repairs are much needed because the safety and health of the school is at risk if we leave the school in the state it is now,” Webb said.

Faculty and staff are packing their classrooms and offices in preparation for the revamps.

“Hopefully the repairs give students a better motivation when coming back in the new school year,” said speech and debate teacher Janizelle Esquivel. “Usually people are content to see new and shiny things.”

Esquivel said teachers have started packing up all of their belongings inside of boxes provided by the district to put their valuables in. Teachers that write on boxes, damage them or don’t return them will be charged a fee of $1.40.

“People who use the gymnasiums have to move everything out by May 2 and the rest of the staff must have their items out by May 15,” Esquivel said. 

Gabriella Rodriguez-Sanchez, Reporter

My name is Gaby and I enjoy creating content for entertainment. I'm very sarcastic and enjoy using humor in my work. I enjoy travelling for my different...

Edith Perez, Design Editor

I am in AVID and MST, currently in 11th grade. I binge watch a lot of TV shows, as much as I possibly can. If you're wondering, I just finished watching...