Holman’s House of Horrors

Hannah Majerczyk, Reporter

In a large house lives a family with a boy who would soon cause many strange occurrences. A large picture hangs on the wall of a grandma who is loved and never forgotten but the center of all supernatural things. The family is in the back of the house while a small boy plays with a ball. All goes well until an unknown force begins to bother the family.
Supernatural experiences are a normal thing for senior Mickailynn Holman. She lived in a big house that once belonged to her grandmother who passed away. Her grandmother has been a strong presence in Holman’s life, before and after her death. The first time Holman believed her house might be haunted, was when her cousin stayed with her for two years.

“My youngest cousin was about five or six and he just started to talk, so he was really talkative,” Holman said. “He started hanging out in the living room and we just hear him crying in the front of the house, and we’re like ‘What’s wrong with him and why is he crying?’”

Since her cousin was crying, she had to go do something about it, so Holman said she went to check on him.

“He tells me, ‘The boy won’t play with me,’” Holman said. “I was like, ‘What? You’re the only boy in this house. What are you talking about?’ He continues to cry so I tell him to go get the ball, but he tells me the boy won’t let me play with it. I was like he’s joking with me.”

Fed up with her little cousin’s crying, she decided she needed to take some sort of action, since the boy could not be seen by her. Holman said she went to retrieve the ball that had been causing so many problems.

“I finally said ‘Okay we’re going to find this little boy and get your ball back,’” Holman said. “He said, ‘He’s over there by the fireplace,’ and I told him, ‘I’m looking at the fireplace and there’s nobody at the fire place.’ I walk over, and he tells me, ‘Don’t touch him.’ I took the bal,l and he started freaking.”

Later on, Holman said her cousin began to behave differently. The little boy that had bothered her cousin before was now back and caused more problems to arise.

“All of a sudden, I hear [my aunt] yelling, ‘Calm down, why are you crying?’ I was like what is wrong with him, he has issues,” Holman said. “He told me, ‘He’s making fun of me, saying I look weird.’ After a while, we walked in and he told us the old man went and got him. This was getting out of control. I’m supposed to believe an old man is living in this house with some little boy?”

After a couple of months they celebrated her grandmother’s birthday. The little boy was not the only one who started to bother the family. Her grandmother wanted contact with them as well.

“Everyone knows her and everyone was close to her, so when she died, it was a big deal,” Holman said. “I remember it was when the party ended, and we were all heading out. My oldest cousin walked toward the door. She walked past and said, ‘Happy birthday, Grandma’ to the picture of her, and the door just closed on its own. My mom said it was the wind.”

Holman said her mom later explained that the house was most likely haunted, because she, too had an experience that caused her to believe it wasn’t just nature as they had said many times before. Her mother was home alone when something happened.

“She told us that this house was really haunted, because when she was packing, she felt like someone entered the room, and she looked around and realizes no one was in the room,” Holman said. “She didn’t hear the front door open and nobody was in the house. So she continued to pack and she saw an indention in the bed next to her. She said it felt like someone just lifted their butt off the bed and walked away from her.”

The house, and her experiences in it, changed the way Holman views ghosts. She is more confident in the fact that ghosts may exist.

“I don’t know what has happened ever since [I moved] or if someone has moved in or lived in that house anymore,” Holman said. “It was such a distinct thing and it was so weird. Whenever someone says ghost aren’t real, I’m like, no, there might be something true.”

She believed the haunting had something to do with the house as well as the children in her family.

“It’s a recurring thing with the kids in our family, because apparently I used to talk to my grandmother when I was younger,” Holman said. “Apparently, it was just something with kids in our family but it had something to do with that house. We were just in it so long and most the time if there was something happening it was in that house.”

Holman said she believes her grandmother was trying to contact her in a way.

“I think she is, because we were always really close,” Holman said. “Whenever I think back to when my mom talked about how I would talk to my grandma when I was little, it brings back memories. I feel like she would want to comfort me, especially lately with high school and working, so I hope she is.”